This event runs from 10:00am on the 22nd May 2021, to 1:00pm on the 29th May 2021 and will take place at . It is a Guild event being organised by Region 16 Coordinator, .
Hello Again All,
I am delighted to let you know about another online Workshop we have arranged.
Lisa Walton is a well-known Australian textile artist. She has recently given talks and workshops via zoom to other regions in England and I was asked to look into arranging a workshop following a talk to the contemporary group
The workshop will be held on Saturday 22nd May for the first session followed by part 2 on the 29th May. It will cost £30 in total.
This workshop is 6 hours long and split into 2. You are purchasing 2 sessions
No sewing is required to create this unique quilt top. All fabric is fused together and then the quilting is what holds it together. Learn to cut with no rulers and create your own original quilt.
· Are you ready to take the leap and design you own quilts?
· Are you a bit nervous about where to start?
· Do you want more freedom with your quilts?
· Do you want to learn a simple technique that will open up a whole new world of creativity?
Then this is the course for you!
Lisa will teach you to be comfortable with your tools and free up some of your inhibitions regarding fabric choices, free form cutting, original designs. This will result in you creating original quilts.
You will learn:
· How to use fusible web with fabrics to allow freedom of design
· Basic colour and design principles
· A REALLY SIMPLE technique of cutting and layering fabrics to create designs that would be incredibly difficult using traditional piecing techniques
How to do improvised quilting
· An easy but professional facing finishing technique for your quilt.
Numbers are limited so book early to ensure your place.
As normal to book your place email me on